Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Welcome to my Blogspot. This is just a place for me to post pictures and share bits and pieces of my life and the things that interest me. Take some time to look around, I think you'll have fun. Oh, and don't forget to sign my guestbook before you leave!

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, April 12, 2008

 

Yet Another Reason I Love Fungi


Unlike popular belief that mushrooms are void of nutrition, they are actually very very good for you!

Not only are they high in water and fiber which is great for a healthy digestive tract, they are loaded with Riboflavin! Riboflavin is the name for the B2 Vitamin. B2 helps your body cells use oxygen (which is good for us who are anemic), metabolize amino acids (eliminates free radicals) and fatty acids as well as carbohydrates. It's also the precursor needed to activate the B6 vitamin which assists in adrenal gland function and cell reproduction. Isn't that fantastic?!?

So next time you order a salad or a steak, be sure to load up on fresh mushrooms! YUM!

Check out my collection of Fungi Photographs HERE
***The mushroom pictured above is poisonous and should not be eatten***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home