Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Welcome to my Blogspot. This is just a place for me to post pictures and share bits and pieces of my life and the things that interest me. Take some time to look around, I think you'll have fun. Oh, and don't forget to sign my guestbook before you leave!

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, November 04, 2007

 

So Excited, I Nearly Cried...

Well here is another delirious 5am blog but the excitement is still high.

I took a trip to Target yesterday and they got all the Halloween stuff moved over into clearance and they are setting up CHRISTMAS!!!! Now normally I'd be pretty annoyed at how early they have everything out but this year is different and it just goes to show how perspective changes everything.

This is the first year since we have been married (5 years) that we have a home and will actually be able to decorate and have a tree and cook a real Christmas dinner. It may seem like some small thing but not to me. Christmas was always so much fun growing up and when my parents divorced that began to change. We still had Christmas but it was split up between houses and it always involved some fight over who got the kids and for how long. Then I moved out and got my own Christmas tree in a box but still went to the family gatherings. Eventually I moved away to TX and the first Christmas there I spent with my extended family with whom I was living and Nick. He and I had been dating since October. So we had a "real" Christmas then and it was nice but not our own yet.

So anyways, at Target they actually have an entire aisle dedicated to stocking stuffers! (one of my favorite things!) They didn't have the trees set up yet which makes it feel ultimately "Christmassy" but they had the candy, ornaments, lights, cards, paper and bows out. I couldn't resist buying a frosted glass Yoda ornament as Connor's 1st (Nick calls him Yoda). I am just so tickled pink that even though it will be just the 3 of us (unless we get some surprise visitors) it WILL be Christmas this year!

Oh yeah, and the decorating! I can't wait to hang lights on the outside of the house!!! I think I want to go with the large multi-colored ones, kinda old-fashioned since our house is made to kinda look like a 1930's bungalow mixed with your modern "garage out front" track home. I also have 8 little cyprus trees and 2 young maples to wrap in lights. I might even get one of those lighted deer for the lawn. Call me silly but I want to do it, at least once in my life. I want a wreath on the door and a tree in the window and my baby crawling around in piles of crinkly, shiny paper and Bing Crosby playing on the radio. I don't care how many presents are around the tree, I just want to experience it and share it with my husband and son. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

P.S. Connor finally just fell back to sleep, so it's back to be for an hour or two. HOORAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home