Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Welcome to my Blogspot. This is just a place for me to post pictures and share bits and pieces of my life and the things that interest me. Take some time to look around, I think you'll have fun. Oh, and don't forget to sign my guestbook before you leave!

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, November 02, 2007

 

3rd Post of the year..Let's CELEBRATE by looking at tons of pictures!

Talk about getting behind. I actually meant to do this last year but TOO LATE NOW! I'm just going to focus on 2007...


Picking up where I left off with our baby-making trip to Niagara Falls on Christmas, you should all have figured out by now that I s'ploded a baby boy named 'Connor' about 8 weeks ago. The time has just flown by since then. I can't believe we have already celebrated the first of many fun holidays to come. For the last 5 years or so, we haven't really celebrated much of anything, and if we have, it's been late and jut doesn't feel the same. Speaking of which...

I'll start here with January 1, 2007. We got to Boston on Christmas day...How depressing. Yet again no tree, no gifts, no family, no friends, new town and yucky weather. And unbeknownst to me, I was really cranky because I had just popped an egg. Oh yeah, fast forward to the 1st... I got all dressed up in a new dress and Nick got dressed up in his celebration Tommy Bahama silk pants and shirt and turned on the telly to watch the ball drop while we drank a bunch of the most expensive champagne I've ever had. We actually celebrated something! AMAZING!

Doodleeydoot...fast forward to the 4th. My friend Shanny just had her son and I found out that the night of crankiness in Niagara Falls on Christmas eve turned out to be the last night Nick and I would ever be "2" again. I got my first + pregnancy test!

Doodleeydoot... fast forward to...well...later. By this point I had pregnancy brain and I started to lose track of time. ( I now have "mommy brain" and still have no concept of time.) Anyhow, I got to go to NM the first of 2 times. Mom and I gathered together with some girls for a real "High Tea" which was super-yummy and fun! We all wore hats and took lots of pictures and gorged ourselves on finger-food and clotted cream. I also got to visit with my friend Shanny, her son, her hubby (who were visiting from Germany) and the rest of the gang although I wish I could have visited longer. My Mom and I also took a trip up to Taos (my first!) and bought fun toys for the baby. THAT was a relaxing trip!

So by May Nick and I were gearing up to leave Boston to head back to our "home" in Dallas...Just in time for the hellish weather and killer mosquitoes. But before then, we got a short project in New Jersey so I got to spend a little time in NY. Unfortunately I was pregnant-tired and alone so I didn't get to do much but at least I can say I went and I have pictures to prove it! I even went up to the top of the Empire state building.

We got back to Dallas and started apartment shopping and I also went back to NM for a second trip to help my Mom after a surgery. This ended up being a miserable trip... Well, it was good, but the weather was miserable, worse than Dallas for sure. DRY, HOT, HIGH ELEVATION, BABY IN MY LUNGS & NO AIR CONDITIONING DO NOT MIX!!!

So things didn't work out in Dallas to our extreme dismay and we headed up to Minneapolis. By this time I am 7 months preggo and getting pretty miserable. Driving long distances + pregnant woman = misery. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that the only reason we ended up in MN is so I could give birth to the baby there. I think if I had in Boston or Dallas, I would have had a MUCH worse experience and I wouldn't have met Jeannette who helped me through labor. At least my mom got to come visit and on HER birthday too!

Fast forward 2 weeks after Connor is born and we rush rush rush to pack and move out. This was truly the most miserable experience of my life, bar none. I have this brand new baby that I want nothing more than to just hold all day and night, I'm barely able to get up and down the stairs still and here we go...off to Oregon.

On our way we at least got to stop and see Nick's family and share the baby but it turned into a lot longer stay than we had anticipated. Really, the DRIVE turned out to be a lot longer due to the trailer being loaded with the weight ill-distributed. We had to drive 45 mph or less through South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana, adding to the misery but thankfully we made it safely. Days later we ended up in Oregon, where I've always wanted to land but never thought I'd get here. We got a cute little house with a real yard, front and back and we even have a giant volcano close by! One of the best things about it so far is the great mild weather and Nick finally got a BBQ grill!

Oh yeah, we did manage to make a couple of cool stops on the way which in a way, made the trip better (but longer.) Mt. Rushmore and the Berkeley Pit mine in Montana.The woods outside our window in Billerica, MA



Nick & Connor at Mt. Rushmore on an absolutely gorgeous day

"THE VOLCANO"

Nick and I drove up to Cape Ann before we left Boston


A puffer fish bath toy I got in Taos

A Spring Peeper Nick found for me when we were in Boston

Me on the top of NY


Nick and Connor at the Berkeley Pit Mine

The Bed and Breakfast we stayed at in Connecticut

Nick the "Grill Master"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home